Skip UK has a network of over 1200 skip hire and waste disposal centres nationwide. It is because of this we are able to efficiently organise skip hire to all corners of the UK. The team at Skip UK will manage the whole process from hire to delivery to collection and all the paperwork inbetween.
One of the most important things when hiring a skip is deciding which size you will need for your requirements. Our waste & skip hire experts can help you with this if you wanted to contact us to discuss your needs, but we have created an easy guide below along with the dimensions for each skip which should help you to make an informed decision.
Ideal for any areas that are environmentally sensitive such as Hospitals or Prisons. Also ideal for Confidential or Hazardous Waste as they can be locked to prevent unwanted access or flytipping.
We can supply various sizes of Enclosed & Lockable Skips – just ask us what sizes we have available in your area and we can advise.
What we need to know
We will need to know a little bit of information about where the skip will be placed when our driver delivers it as it may require a road permit if there isn’t a driveway or somewhere off the road on private property to drop the skip.
Please take the following points into consideration when placing your order and let us know if there are any access issues as we may be able to recommend one of our other waste management services if a skip is not suitable for your property or site.
- Is there a minimum 3m width allowance for the vehicle to drive safely in and out?
- Are there any low hanging cables or wires?
- Do you have any obstructing walls or fences that the skip would need to be lifted over?
- Are there any drain or Manhole covers that we should be aware of?
- Are there any vehicle weight restrictions on the road?
- Is there a drop kerb for access onto the driveway?
- Is the skip going on private property? If not, you will require a road permit from the local council that we can arrange for you.
- Do you have any of our Restricted Items to go in the skip? If so, we can certainly arrange a skip still but we will need to quote you specifically for that waste type.